Also, it reduces the effort in configuring webpack, babel, and other tools and speed up your development workflow.
Next.js is very stable and has an active community in the open-source world. Following are the reasons to use Next.js:
- Supports serverless builds.
- Support for webpack, react router, react and react-dom out of the box.
- Code splitting.
- Integrates seamlessly with any existing data-fetching strategy.
- Smaller initial HTML size.
- Integrates easily Node.js backend, such as Express, Koa, or Electron.
- Low build-time memory usage.
- Lazy loaded modules.
Nuxt.js is a simple, but powerful framework that builds on top of Vue.js to create universal, server-side rendered applications.
It abstracts the code distribution of server and client and allows you to spend less time on configuration, and more time on solving problems and building Vue applications. The reasons to use Nuxt.js:
- Configurable services and templates.
- Clear project structure. Switch between components and pages seamlessly.
- Automatic code splitting (pre-rendered pages).
- Static file serving.
- Powerful routing with asynchronous data.
- Support for ES6/ES7 by default.
- Abstracts client/server distribution.
If you prefer Vue more than React, then Nuxt.js makes the perfect choice.